Today the world is as globalized as it could be - - yet we struggle to find meaning in our daily existence.

12 January 2012

Cali '11: 2. A Study of Light & the Library

I'm getting old.

Either that, or I can't hang with the young guns any more. I'm not even going to blame it on the jet lag. Oh, and the last few shots from the previous post were from my friend's Long Beach home. I wish I had more pictures from that night, but a lot of them came out darker than I had expected so they didn't make the cut. Nonetheless, when I woke up on the couch the following morning, I was greeted by sun light entering softly through the windows undisturbed, providing ambient warmth to everything it touched and giving me a fantastic opportunity to take photographs indoors. Slowly everyone else started waking up, and with the remaining survivors, we walked over to a local cafe to get some delicious iced lattes. I wish Korea had better coffee. Well I take that back, mediocre coffee is better than no coffee.

Afterwards, Jeff, Ken, Garrick, and I made it up to Huntington Library to take some photographs. I remember the area being much bigger in the past. Maybe my perspectives have changed.
Or, I'm getting old.

Oh, & I added some typography, inspired by none other than 12fv.
enjoi

Camera: Leica M6, Superheadz Ultra Wide and Slim
Roll: rerolled Kodak Trix 400, Kodak Gold 200

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


m6r10-3type
I remember waking up shivering in an awkward position next to Jeff cause someone had left the kitchen window open.

shzr6-dip2

shzr4-13
Do you see what I mean?

m6r10-4
Earl Joooones.

m6r10-5type

m6r10-7
Alan Paradiso, currently managing construction sites.

m6r10-10

m6r10-11
Kota (alias "Jap Attack"), currently a student at CSULB

m6r10-8
Jeff (alias 12fv), artist & unusually melancholic.

To Hungtington Library we go


m6r10-12type
Keny looking through Garrick's Contax 645.

m6r10-14

m6r10-16
Jeff looking through Keny's Mamiya rz67.

m6r10-18

m6r5-13type1

shzr6-dip1
I love trees.

m6r5-14

shzr6-3
Even funky ones.

shzr6-2
So does he.

m6r5-2
Bamboo! Unfortunately most of this area was closed off and when we tried to go in, the security promptly told us to get out.

m6r5-4

m6r5-6

m6r5-7
Garrick, currently helping patients as a nurse.

shzr6-4

m6r5-8

shzr6-10
Would be cool to live there.

m6r5-10

m6r5-16

m6r5-17type

m6r5-18
The fiery California sunset, oh how I love you so.



"Californians invented the concept of lifestyle.
This alone warrants their doom." - Don DeLillo



Ken Radomski [ http://haserad.com/ ]
Jeff Tang [ http://12fv.com/ ]
Garrick Fujii [ http://theyshootfilm.com/ ]



pax | previously: [ Cali '11: 1. Homecoming ]

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...