Today the world is as globalized as it could be - - yet we struggle to find meaning in our daily existence.

20 November 2011

Leica M6

Staring down this rabbit hole, I would have never guessed that I would have been so taken away by cameras. Living in Seoul didn't help either. I visit a certain area of central Seoul called Chungmuro, no bigger than a half square kilometer, at least three to four times a month. In this tiny half square kilometer, there are about 15 or so stores that are stocked with a plethora of film cameras. Every time I walk by one of these windows, I can't help but to look at one particular camera that has been entrancing me with it's elegance. The Leica M6, a fully manual camera built by the predecessors to Ernst Leitz GmbH in the mid-80's. Once I played with one I knew I had to have it some day. Though I didn't know that that day would arrive so quickly. So when a friend was selling hers, I decided that I would make that jump. Unfortunately, I had to part ways with the Voigtlander Bessa R3A (a fun 35mm Range Finder to test) to help fund the cost of the M6, and due to a small problem with the rewind lever I had to wait a week before I could actually run some test rolls. Also, manually setting everything from the shutter speed to f/stop and the focus ring has slowed me down considerably. Shooting all manual is definitely challenging coming from cameras that had an aperture priority setting that allows the shooter to simply set the f/stop while the camera picks the shutter speed automatically to create the correct exposure. Nonetheless, shooting a Leica M6 is INSANELY fun - I've been secretly giggling inside every time I hear the shutter go off. It really takes street photography to a whole other level! That being said, I've got a lot of work to do!

enjoi

Camera: Leica M6
Rolls: Expired Fuji Superia 400

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


m6r2-2
The evolution of two-wheeled vehicles.

m6r1-1
Not sure how I feel about this.

m6r1-3
The oranjana man.

m6r1-14

m6r1-6

m6r1-4
The 50mm certainly gives me more distance between the subject.

m6r1-5
lol, click here.

m6r1-8
Amarisse

m6r2-1

m6r2-3
Her oversized crewneck.

m6r2-8
o.0

m6r1-9
Lance, bike shop owner and guitar enthusiast.

m6r1-10
Can melt your face with his Chavel.

m6r1-12

m6r2-4
Jorge, magazine photographer and fixie meister.

m6r2-6

m6r2-5
Can outrun you on his Cinelli Vigorelli.

m6r2-10
My after work cool down for the past week (they were on sale).
I can't wait to throw in some black and white film once the weather gets gloomy.


color for now




pax

3 comments:

kittenmasks said...

Congrats on your Leica! Can't wait to see what else you shoot on it.

LOUIS said...

M6?? damn son! looking good

pdhl said...

thanks Alicia! i can't wait either!!! stay posted.

yea i know, i couldn't pass it up! & thanks for the comments Louis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...