Today the world is as globalized as it could be - - yet we struggle to find meaning in our daily existence.

12 December 2011

Transitioning to yet another Winter

While crowded with tourists, a reason I enjoy shooting around Myeongdong and Insadong is that there are so many unique characters around. I have yet to bump into the same random person that I have photographed before (excluding pojangmacha ahjummas). While the neon lit buildings, the stone covered walls, and those long stretched roads stay the same, the subjects do not. Maybe that's why I don't mind walking around the same places in Seoul over and over again. It's becoming kind of a routine an adventure, but and something I look forward to doing during the weekends.

On another note, while the colors are fantastic during the spring, summer, and fall, it does get a bit dreary here during the winter. A sea of black and charcoal emotions. The intrepid Seoulite breathing out his warmth. Condensation fogging windows, and the occasional colorful beanie lighting up the melancholy streets.

Alas, winter is here.
enjoi

Camera: Leica M6
Roll: Fuji Superia 400, Kodak Tmax 400

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////



m6r4-vert1
New school vs. Old school

m6r4-4

m6r4-5
Jjangu!

m6r4-11
And yet not a single drop of rain, or snow was present that day.

Functionality vs. Aesthetics


m6r4-14
Touristas.

m6r4-13

m6r4-15

m6r4-16
I wish I had gotten her contact, maybe she'll come across my blog one day.

m6r4-6
Over the course of two+ years here, I have always been fascinated with Latin/South Americans who have made it out to Seoul to perform in the streets here. We spoke briefly in Spanish, then I gave him a 천원 for taking the photo.

Just one of those perspective days.


m6r4-20
Is it Christmas already?

m6r4-22

m6r4-23

m6r4-25
Maybe I'll make a photo-book of Free Huggers around Seoul.

m6r4-24
I want to grow old and stylish holding my wife's hand as we walk down that road.

m6r5-3

m6r5-vert1

m6r5-1
It wasn't raining, nor was it sunny.

m6r5-4
Not a single F was given that day.

m6r5-5
Looks like he's kind of levitating.

m6r5-6

m6r5-10
I think this is my favorite shot of the entire post.

B/W FTW!



pax

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

great shots Phil.... uhhhhh leica!!!!!

that white hair girl is great gaze

liking the restaurant window too

-Tig

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...